Dutchtown High School serves 2,531 students in grades 9-12.
Dutchtown High School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Louisiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70% (which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 29%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 68% (which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 40%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Louisiana state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Louisiana state average of 57% (majority Black).
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 2,531 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 34%
- Graduation Rate: 93% (Top 20% in LA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5%
- Math Proficiency: 70% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 68% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), LA Dept. of Education
Dutchtown High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Dutchtown High School's student population of 2,531 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
The teacher population of 132 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Dutchtown High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,237 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Dutchtown High School is 0.51, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (LA)
Overall Testing Rank
#50 out of 1237 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), LA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dutchtown High School's ranking?
Dutchtown High School is ranked #50 out of 1,237 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in Louisiana.
What schools are Dutchtown High School often compared to?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
70% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 29% LA state average), while 68% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 40% LA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Dutchtown High School?
The graduation rate of Dutchtown High School is 93%, which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 83%.
How many students attend Dutchtown High School?
2,531 students attend Dutchtown High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
66% of Dutchtown High School students are White, 22% of students are Black, 7% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Dutchtown High School?
Dutchtown High School has a student ration of 19:1, which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 17:1.
What grades does Dutchtown High School offer ?
Dutchtown High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Dutchtown High School part of?
Dutchtown High School is part of Ascension Parish School District.
Review Dutchtown High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.
Not Just for College: A Guide to K-12 Scholarships
Explore the world of scholarships designed specifically for K-12 students in this comprehensive guide. Discover opportunities to ease the financial burden of private education and pave the way for academic success.