Stanhope Elmore High School
- Stanhope Elmore High School's student population of 1,132 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,132 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stanhope Elmore High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#906 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Elmore County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Millbrook Coosada Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 958 students
5260 Airport Road
Millbrook, AL 36054
(334)285-0273 1.4 PK-2 958
- Coosada Airport Road Intermediate School Grades: 3-4 | 700 students
384 Blackmon Farm Lane
Coosada, AL 36020
(334)285-2115 2.0 3-4 700
- Prattville Louise M Smith Development Center Grades: 12
298 Jay Street
Prattville, AL 36068
(334)365-4054 4.7 12 n/a
I am going to be completely honest with you, as a former sehs student i have to say when it comes to the academic programs, extracurricular activities, awards, and the faculty is good, but i believe there needs improvement. As for the parent involvement, it is mediocre to me because in order to keep a good school in good standing order, i believe parents should be more involed not only for recreational/extracurricular activites, but also for how they do @ school, etc. Another thing they need to also work on is educating the teens more on bullying, drugs, teen pregnancy,etc. I believe if they took just a little bit of their time @ least twice a week to address these issues to the students, not only will they be more educated & behaved, but they can pass on the information they learn now to their children one day, that'll make a huge difference. Stanhope has a lot to improve on, if they improve on these issues, not only will they make a positive impact to other schools & students, but they will be making a positive impact in overall society.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - www.d