Stem Magnet Academy Elementary School
Stem Magnet Academy Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Stem Magnet Academy Elementary School's student population of 435 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||435 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stem Magnet Academy Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,679 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#117 out of 3679 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City Of Chicago 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Air Force Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 261 students
3630 S Wells St
Chicago, IL 60609
(773)535-1590 0.4 9-12 261
- Chicago Chicago Technology Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 241 students
1301 W 14th St
Chicago, IL 60608
(773)534-7755 0.4 9-12 241
- Chicago Simpson Academy High School For Young Women Grades: 6-12 | 37 students
1321 S Paulina St
Chicago, IL 60608
(773)534-7812 0.4 6-12 37
- Chicago Galileo Elementary Math & Sci Schol Acd Grades: K-8 | 571 students
820 S Carpenter St
Chicago, IL 60607
(773)534-7070 0.6 K-8 571
Nearby Homes for Sale
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.