Stonewall Jackson Middle School
Stonewall Jackson Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Stonewall Jackson Middle School's student population of 594 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||594 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stonewall Jackson Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1528 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Morningside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 301 students
1716 Wilson Avenue Se
Roanoke, VA 24013
(540)853-2991 0.4 PK-5 301
- Roanoke Fallon Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 652 students
502 19th St Se
Roanoke, VA 24013
(540)853-2535 0.8 PK-5 652
- Roanoke Highland Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 344 students
1212 5th St Sw
Roanoke, VA 24016
(540)853-2963 1.4 PK-5 344
- Roanoke Lucy Addison Aerospace Magnet Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 585 students
1220 5th Street Nw
Roanoke, VA 24016
(540)853-2681 1.7 6-8 585
- Roanoke Lincoln Terrace Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 339 students
1802 Liberty Rd Nw
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540)853-2994 1.8 PK-5 339
I feel the teachers are perfectly fine especially in the conditions in which they work. They do their job the best they can with what they are supplied with. They may be a little harsh but with kids fighting everyday and constant outbursts they have to be strict and punctilious in order for there to be any foundation. The ethnicity at Stonewall is dangerous especially in a hood rat neighborhood where the boys are being born into a life of crime and drugs where as the girls are being born into a life of dealing with deadbeat spouses. So no the teachers are fine its the parents who refuse to set boundaries for their children and the children who create such a violent atmosphere that makes Stonewall Jackson another dead end for potential
- Posted by Student/Alumni - artem
I like Stonewall Jackson Middle School alot, except some teachers really shouldn't have a job here, much less a license. There are good kids, and a good school altogether, but they should really reconsider certain teachers.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - annen
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.