Morningside Elementary School
Morningside Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Morningside Elementary School's student population of 301 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Morningside Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1411 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Fallon Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 652 students
502 19th St Se
Roanoke, VA 24013
(540)853-2535 1.0 PK-5 652
- Roanoke Highland Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 344 students
1212 5th St Sw
Roanoke, VA 24016
(540)853-2963 1.6 PK-5 344
- Roanoke Mt. Pleasant Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 342 students
3216 Mt Pleasant Blvd
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)427-1879 1.8 PK-5 342
- Roanoke Crystal Spring Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 324 students
2620 Carolina Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)853-2976 2.0 PK-5 324
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.