Morningside Elementary School
Morningside Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Morningside Elementary School's student population of 288 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||288 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Morningside Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1303 out of 1801 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Fallon Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 660 students
502 19th St Se
Roanoke, VA 24013
(540)853-2535 1.0 PK-5 660
- Roanoke Highland Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 355 students
1212 5th St Sw
Roanoke, VA 24016
(540)853-2963 1.6 PK-5 355
- Roanoke Mount Pleasant Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 315 students
3216 Mt Pleasant Blvd
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)427-1879 1.8 PK-5 315
- Roanoke Crystal Spring Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 344 students
2620 Carolina Ave Sw
Roanoke, VA 24014
(540)853-2976 2.0 PK-5 344
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.