Stowers Elementary School
Stowers Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Stowers Elementary School's student population of 1,058 students has grown by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,058 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stowers Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lithia Barrington Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1325 students
5925 Village Center Dr
Lithia, FL 33547
(813)657-7266 0.0 6-8 1325
- Riverview Bell Creek Academy Grades: 6-8 | 586 students
13221 Boyette Rd
Riverview, FL 33569
(813)793-6075 0.9 6-8 586
- Riverview Boyette Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 579 students
10141 Sedgebrook Dr
Riverview, FL 33569
(813)671-5060 1.3 PK-5 579
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.