Stratham Memorial School
Stratham Memorial School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||543 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#12 out of 455 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Stratham School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenland Greenland Central School Grades: K-8 | 414 students
70 Post Rd.
Greenland, NH 03840
(603) 431-6723 2.3 K-8 414
- Newfields Newfields Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 125 students
9 Piscassic Rd.
Newfields, NH 03856
(603) 772-5555 3.4 K-5 125
- Stratham Cooperative Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,258 student
100 Academic Way
Stratham, NH 03885
(603) 775-8700 3.5 6-8 1,258
- Newmarket Newmarket Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 529 students
243 S. Main St.
Newmarket, NH 03857
(603) 659-2192 4.6 PK-5 529
- Newmarket Newmarket Jr.-sr. High Elementary School Grades: 6-8 | 251 students
213 S. Main St.
Newmarket, NH 03857
(603) 659-3271 4.6 6-8 251
SMS (Stratham Memorial School) is great. I graduated a year ago and I will never forget that school. They taught me so much, and every teacher there is kind and caring. Each day we would alternate between Music, Physical Education, Maker Space, and Art. If there were a student, that's behind on the class, the teachers would adapt to teach them the way they should be taught. I met so many friends on my journey, and I'm glad to have once been a part of this community.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anonymous
We moved here for the great schools. If you like an elementary school that does not adequately handle bullying, that does not provide assistants in its classrooms, that dilutes its content and teaches to the lowest performing student in the class, then this is your school. The 12:1 student ratio that is claimed above is completely wrong. Class sizes have grown and teachers on their own with up to 18 kids in the younger grades. This takes away from the learning experience.
- Posted by Parent - MomToMany