Sulphur Bluff Isd
Sulphur Bluff Isd places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Sulphur Bluff Isd's student population of 218 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||218 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sulphur Bluff Isd is ranked within the top 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#3776 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sulphur Bluff Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Sulphur Bluff Isd is Saltillo School (10.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saltillo Saltillo School Grades: PK-12 | 247 students
150 County Rd 3534
Saltillo, TX 75478
(903) 537-2386 10.8 PK-12 247
- Sulphur Springs North Hopkins Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 294 students
1994 Fm 71 W
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
(903) 945-2192 13.7 PK-6 294
- Bogata Rivercrest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 329 students
4220 Us Hwy 271 S
Bogata, TX 75417
(903) 632-5205 13.9 PK-5 329
- Bogata Rivercrest High School Grades: 9-12 | 208 students
4126 Us Hwy 271
Bogata, TX 75417
(903) 632-5205 13.9 9-12 208
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.