Tarkington Traditional Center
- Tarkington Traditional Center's student population of 338 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||338 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tarkington Traditional Center's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#328 out of 1,767 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Bend Community Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Bend Edison Intermediate Center Grades: 5-8 | 408 students
2701 Eisenhower Dr
South Bend, IN 46615
(574)283-8900 1.0 5-8 408
- Mishawaka Walt Disney Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 494 students
4015 N Filbert Rd
Mishawaka, IN 46545
(574)259-2486 1.8 K-5 494
- South Bend Mckinley Primary Center Grades: K-4 | 405 students
228 N Greenlawn Ave
South Bend, IN 46617
(574)283-8570 1.9 K-4 405
- Mishawaka Liberty Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 500 students
600 E Pregel Dr
Mishawaka, IN 46545
(574)254-3700 2.0 PK-6 500
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.