Duncanville Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 top public high schools in Duncanville Independent School District, serving 5,097 students.
- Public high school in Duncanville Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 59% (versus Texas public high school average of 77%), and reading proficiency score of 56% (versus 65% Texas statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Texas.
- public high school in Duncanville Independent School District have a Graduation Rate of 90%, which is equal to the Texas average of 90%.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is more than the Texas public high school average of 70% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the Texas public high school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Duncanville Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.duncanvilleisd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(972)708-2000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||2,604 Schools|
|# of Students||5,097 Students||1,746,049 Students|
|# of Teachers||321 Teachers||118,136 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
- Duncanville Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,090 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 82% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||21 Students||6,563 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||85 Students||75,116 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2,515 Students||887,704 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2,232 Students||221,554 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||193 Students||519,430 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||6 Students||2,544 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||45 Students||32,949 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||5,149|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||6,171|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||6,434|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||6,770|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||7,160|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||7,342|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||7,807|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||44,064|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||338||62,046|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||359||63,104|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,230||434,030|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1,165||396,790|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||1,037||365,176|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||968||334,006|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,494 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,639 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$126 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$115 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,494||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$8,639||$11,097|
Duncanville Independent School District Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | TX School Rank)
- Dallas G W Kennemer Middle School 7101 W Wheatland Rd
Dallas, TX 75249
Grades: 7-9 | 687 students
- Duncanville Mary E Smithey Pace High School 502 E Freeman St
Duncanville, TX 75116
Grades: 9-12 | 89 students
- Duncanville Summit Learning Center 900 S Cedar Rdg Dr 300a
Duncanville, TX 75137
Grades: 7-12 | 41 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.