Frisco Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public preschools managed by Frisco Isd School District serving 2,896 students in Plano, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Frisco Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Plano Borchardt Elementary School4300 Waskom Dr
Plano, TX 75024
Grades: PK-5 | 705 students
- Frisco Early Childhood School10330 Red Cedar Dr
Frisco, TX 75035
Grades: PK | 760 students
- Frisco Gunstream Elementary School7600 Rockyridge Dr
Frisco, TX 75035
Grades: PK-5 | 699 students
- Frisco Sparks Elementary School8200 Otis Dr
Frisco, TX 75034
Grades: PK-5 | 732 students
|School District Name||Frisco Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||55,292 students|
|# of Teachers||3,773 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||27,323 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||27,969 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||310 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||13,206 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||7,553 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5,806 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||26,364 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||45 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2,008 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||778|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||3,806|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||4,096|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||4,099|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||4,340|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||4,436|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4,411|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||4,589|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||4,703|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||4,481|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||4,251|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||4,091|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||3,687|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||3,524|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Frisco Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 98% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,462 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,252 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$361 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$438 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,462||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$10,252||$11,097|
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.