Harmony Of Science - Houston School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Harmony Of Science - Houston School District serving 2,894 students in Houston, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 82% of the student body (majority Asian and Black), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Harmony Of Science - Houston School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Houston Harmony School Of Innovation-sugar Land 13522 W Airport Blvd
Houston, TX 77099
Grades: 7-12 | 924 students
- Beaumont Harmony Science Academy- Beaumont 4055 Calder Ave
Beaumont, TX 77706
Grades: K-12 | 538 students
- Katy Harmony Science Academy-katy 22400 Grand Corner Dr
Katy, TX 77494
Grades: K-5 | 663 students
- Sugar Land Harmony Science Academy-sugar Land 13415 W Belfort
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Grades: K-6 | 769 students
|School District Name||Harmony Of Science - Houston School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,894 students|
|# of Teachers||159 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||1,425 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,469 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||12 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||922 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||553 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||816 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||530 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||60 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||246|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||254|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||254|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||248|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||290|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||254|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||170|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||199|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||221|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||220|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||245|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||160|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||133|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Harmony Of Science - Houston School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $3,625 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 90% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $2,905 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 90% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$3,625||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$2,905||$11,097|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.