Jacksboro Isd School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Jacksboro Isd School District serving 1,007 students in Jacksboro, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Jacksboro Isd School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Jacksboro Jacksboro Elementary School1677 N Main
Jacksboro, TX 76458
Grades: PK-5 | 509 students
- Jacksboro Jacksboro High School1400 N Main St
Jacksboro, TX 76458
Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
- Jacksboro Jacksboro Middle School812 W Belknap
Jacksboro, TX 76458
Grades: 6-8 | 214 students
|School District Name||Jacksboro Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,007 students|
|# of Teachers||79 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||534 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||473 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||6 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||327 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||632 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||27 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||34|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||78|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||61|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Jacksboro Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,761 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $27,534 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$15 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$27 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,761||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$27,534||$11,097|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.