Olfen Independent School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Olfen Independent School District, serving 103 students. Olfen Independent School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Texas.
- Public schools in Olfen Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 47% (versus the Texas public school average of 48%), and reading proficiency score of 47% (versus the 45% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the 7/10, top 50% of public schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Texas public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Olfen Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://olfenisd.net/|
|School District Phone Number||(325) 442-4301|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||8,947 Schools|
|# of Students||103 Students||5,398,246 Students|
|# of Teachers||10 Teachers||355,401 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
- Olfen Independent School District, which is ranked within the7/, top 50% of all 1,200 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||20,590 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||235,500 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||42 Students||2,826,531 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||680,292 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||54 Students||1,504,856 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||8,027 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||122,450 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||254,767|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||8||371,437|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||10||388,455|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||6||394,227|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||13||409,796|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||10||413,679|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||9||414,261|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||8||402,503|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||14||402,496|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||11||398,647|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||8||433,436|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1||397,442|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||1||371,952|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||4||345,148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $20,577 is higher than the state average of 10361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,250 is higher than the state average of $10,700. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||9107000|
|Revenue / Student||$20,577||10361|
|Spending / Student||$18,250||10700|
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.