Roosevelt Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 top public schools in Roosevelt Independent School District, serving 1,064 students.
- Public school in Roosevelt Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 72% (versus Texas public school average of 78%), and reading proficiency score of 65% (versus 72% Texas statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Texas.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Roosevelt High School, with 80-84% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Texas or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Roosevelt Elementary School, with 68% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Texas or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is less than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Texas public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Roosevelt Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.risdtx.us|
|School District Phone Number||(806)842-3282|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||9,132 Schools|
|# of Students||1,064 Students||5,371,081 Students|
|# of Teachers||93 Teachers||352,423 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
- Roosevelt Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,201 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 Students||20,812 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||225,399 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||617 Students||2,814,001 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||32 Students||678,193 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||395 Students||1,508,849 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||7,702 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||13 Students||115,979 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||49||248,101|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||77||372,356|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||79||396,274|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||62||409,257|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||95||412,987|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||89||411,401|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||75||400,385|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||74||398,929|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||88||397,494|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||83||393,895|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||75||434,030|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||80||396,790|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||74||365,176|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||64||334,006|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,216 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,812 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$12 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,216||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$10,812||$11,097|
Roosevelt Independent School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | TX School Rank)
- Lubbock Roosevelt Daep 1406 County Rd 3300
Lubbock, TX 79403
Grades: 9-12 | n/a students
- Lubbock Roosevelt Elementary School 1406 County Rd 3300
Lubbock, TX 79403
Grades: PK-5 | 526 students
- Lubbock Roosevelt High School 1406 County Rd 3300
Lubbock, TX 79403
Grades: 9-12 | 293 students
- Lubbock Roosevelt J High School 1406 County Rd 3300
Lubbock, TX 79403
Grades: 6-8 | 245 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.