Rotan Independent School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Rotan Independent School District, serving 128 students.
- Public middle school in Rotan Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 27% (versus the Texas public middle school average of 48%), and reading proficiency score of 37% (versus the 45% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 58% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public middle school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the Texas public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Rotan Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.rotan.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(325) 735-2332|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||1 School||2,522 Schools|
|# of Students||128 Students||1,326,405 Students|
|# of Teachers||15 Teachers||90,682 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
- Rotan Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,149 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||4,626 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||54,984 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||65 Students||700,838 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 Students||161,422 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||54 Students||374,447 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,757 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 Students||28,331 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||10,430|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||14,535|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||14,829|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||15,098|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||16,063|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||16,635|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||26,335|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||21||308,488|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||26||402,496|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||13||398,647|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||9||33,085|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||25||26,010|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||18||23,156|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||16||20,598|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,719 is higher than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,058 is higher than the state average of $10,700. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,719||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$14,058||$10,700|
Rotan Independent School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Rotan High School 102 N Mckinley Ave
Rotan, TX 79546
Grades: 6-12 | 128 students
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.