Splendora Independent School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Splendora Independent School District, serving 780 students. Public preschool in Splendora Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 46% (versus the Texas public pre school average of 51%), and reading proficiency score of 44% (versus the 47% statewide average). This district's average pre testing ranking is 6/10, which is in the top 50% of public pre schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public preschool average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the Texas public preschool average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Splendora Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.splendoraisd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(281) 689-3128|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||1 School||3,939 Schools|
|# of Students||780 Students||2,131,715 Students|
|# of Teachers||45 Teachers||138,235 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
- Splendora Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 892 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 96% has increased from 93% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#918 out of 1200 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||8,105 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||84,057 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||222 Students||1,168,959 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 Students||264,397 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||529 Students||551,458 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||3,256 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||19 Students||51,483 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||187||254,767|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||98||310,726|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||102||311,881|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||100||307,951|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||90||308,644|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||96||304,387|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||107||261,639|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||31,738|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||9,280|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||8,437|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||6,026|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||5,607|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||5,208|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||5,424|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,847 in this school district is less than the state median of $12,556. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,184 is less than the state median of $12,335. The school district spending/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$44 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$41 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,847||$12,556|
|Revenue / Student||$10,184||$12,335|
Splendora Independent School District Public Preschools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Piney Woods Elementary School 23395 Fm 2090
Splendora, TX 77372
Grades: PK-5 | 780 students
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?