Trenton Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools in Trenton Independent School District, serving 568 students.
- Public school in Trenton Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 75% (versus the Texas public school average of 78%), and reading proficiency score of 79% (versus the 72% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Texas public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Trenton Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.trentonisd.com|
|School District Phone Number||(903)989-2245|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||8,947 Schools|
|# of Students||568 Students||5,398,246 Students|
|# of Teachers||40 Teachers||355,401 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- Trenton Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,195 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||20,590 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||235,500 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||110 Students||2,826,531 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||12 Students||680,292 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||429 Students||1,504,856 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||8,027 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||11 Students||122,450 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||25||254,767|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||42||371,437|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||45||388,455|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||35||394,227|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||35||409,796|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||31||413,679|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||40||414,261|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||39||402,503|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||51||402,496|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||60||398,647|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||49||433,436|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||35||397,442|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||34||371,952|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||47||345,148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,073 is higher than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,737 is higher than the state average of $10,634. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,073||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$10,737||$10,634|
Trenton Independent School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Trenton Elementary School 105 W Witherspoon
Trenton, TX 75490
Grades: PK-4 | 213 students
- Trenton High School 500 S Ballentine
Trenton, TX 75490
Grades: 9-12 | 165 students
- Trenton Middle School 500 S Ballentine
Trenton, TX 75490
Grades: 5-8 | 190 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.