Thoreau Elementary School
- Thoreau Elementary School's student population of 430 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||430 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Thoreau Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#552 out of 2,027 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Madison Metropolitan School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Cherokee Heights Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 475 students
4301 Cherokee Dr
Madison, WI 53711
(608)204-1240 0.5 6-8 475
- Madison Midvale Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 460 students
502 Caromar Dr
Madison, WI 53711
(608)204-6700 0.8 PK-2 460
- Madison 4k Pk Off Site Grades: PK | 799 students
545 W Dayton St
Madison, WI 53703
(608)204-6561 1.4 PK 799
- Madison Hamilton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 826 students
4801 Waukesha St
Madison, WI 53705
(608)204-4620 1.6 6-8 826
- Madison Leopold Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 685 students
2602 Post Rd
Madison, WI 53713
(608)204-4240 1.6 PK-5 685
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.