Tilghman Elementary School
Tilghman Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Tilghman Elementary School's student population of 62 students has declined by 27% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tilghman Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#459 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||40-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Talbot County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Michaels St. Michaels Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 332 students
100 Seymour Ave
Saint Michaels, MD 21663
(410) 745-2882 8.0 PK-5 332
- Saint Michaels St. Michaels Middle/High School Grades: 6-12 | 443 students
200 Seymour Ave
Saint Michaels, MD 21663
(410) 745-2852 8.1 6-12 443
- Chesapeake Beach Beach Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 571 students
7900 Old Bayside Rd
Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732
(443) 550-9520 10.8 PK-5 571
- Deale Deale Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 243 students
759 Masons Beach Rd
Deale, MD 20751
(410) 222-1695 12.1 K-5 243
- Owings Windy Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 688 students
9550 Boyds Turn Rd
Owings, MD 20736
(443) 550-9790 12.3 PK-5 688
I LOVE this school and am very sad to go I so wish there was a Tilghman middle and high school this place makes me feel safe!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Marley Fletcher
Tilghman Elementary School packs big school resources in a small package. The school has excellent and dedicated teaching staff augmented by a strong community volunteer program that assists in areas such as tutoring, music and art. The teacher to student ratio is excellent so the strengths and weaknesses of each child are well known and the test scores, which are well above state average, reflect it. A real gem in the public school system.
- Posted by Parent - Will Smith
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.