Windy Hill Elementary School
Windy Hill Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Windy Hill Elementary School's student population of 700 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||700 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Windy Hill Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#241 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calvert County Public Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owings Windy Hill Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 760 students
9560 Boyd's Turn Rd
Owings, MD 20736
(410)257-1560 0.0 6-8 760
- Chesapeake Beach Beach Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 579 students
7900 Old Bayside Rd
Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732
(410)257-1513 2.7 PK-5 579
- Owings Mount Harmony Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 579 students
900 W Mount Harmony Rd
Owings, MD 20736
(410)257-1611 2.9 K-5 579
- Sunderland Sunderland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 723 students
150 Clyde Jones Rd
Sunderland, MD 20689
(410)535-1501 3.4 PK-5 723
- Deale Deale Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 249 students
759 Masons Beach Rd
Deale, MD 20751
(410)222-1695 4.8 K-5 249
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.