Southern Middle School
- Southern Middle School's student population of 764 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||764 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southern Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lothian Lothian Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 465 students
5175 Solomons Island Rd
Lothian, MD 20711
(410)222-1697 0.2 PK-5 465
- Harwood Southern High School Grades: 9-12 | 1047 students
4400 Solomons Island Rd
Harwood, MD 20776
(410)867-7100 3.1 9-12 1047
- Tracys Landing Traceys Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 375 students
20 Deale Rd
Tracys Landing, MD 20779
(410)222-1633 3.2 K-5 375
- Deale Deale Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 244 students
759 Masons Beach Rd
Deale, MD 20751
(410)222-1695 4.5 K-5 244
- Upper Marlboro Patuxent Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 284 students
4410 Bishopmill Dr
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
(301)952-7700 5.4 PK-5 284
It’s clear there is currently a gap in language education. As of 2008, only 18.5% of K-12 students were enrolled in a foreign language class. Ask the experts and they all agree— schools with robust foreign language programs can bring students to the next level.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.