Shady Side Elementary School
- Shady Side Elementary School's student population of 501 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||501 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shady Side Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Shady Side Elementary School is Anne Arundel County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Anne Arundel County School District's student population of 79,999 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,681 in this district is less than the state average of $16,454. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,073 is less than the state average of $16,634. The district spending/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||79,999||17,941|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$1,064 MM||$295 MM|
|District Spending||$1,095 MM||$298 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,681||$16,454|
|District Spending / Student||$14,073||$16,634|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Edgewater Mayo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 326 students
1260 Mayo Ridge Rd
Edgewater, MD 21037
(410)222-1666 3.8 K-5 326
- Deale Deale Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 244 students
759 Masons Beach Rd
Deale, MD 20751
(410)222-1695 4.9 K-5 244
- Lothian Sourn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 764 students
5235 Solomons Island Rd
Lothian, MD 20711
(410)222-1659 5.8 6-8 764
- Lothian Lothian Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 465 students
5175 Solomons Island Rd
Lothian, MD 20711
(410)222-1697 5.9 PK-5 465
- Harwood Sourn High School Grades: 9-12 | 1047 students
4400 Solomons Island Rd
Harwood, MD 20776
(410)867-7100 6.2 9-12 1047
Amazing and wonderful! my child goes there and she loves it!
- Posted by Parent - weine
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.