Shady Side Elementary School
- Shady Side Elementary School's student population of 501 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||501 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shady Side Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Edgewater Mayo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 326 students
1260 Mayo Ridge Rd
Edgewater, MD 21037
(410)222-1666 3.8 K-5 326
- Deale Deale Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 244 students
759 Masons Beach Rd
Deale, MD 20751
(410)222-1695 4.9 K-5 244
- Lothian Sourn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 764 students
5235 Solomons Island Rd
Lothian, MD 20711
(410)222-1659 5.8 6-8 764
- Lothian Lothian Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 465 students
5175 Solomons Island Rd
Lothian, MD 20711
(410)222-1697 5.9 PK-5 465
- Harwood Sourn High School Grades: 9-12 | 1047 students
4400 Solomons Island Rd
Harwood, MD 20776
(410)867-7100 6.2 9-12 1047
Amazing and wonderful! my child goes there and she loves it!
- Posted by Parent - weine
We’ll report on a new partnership between schools in Chicago and Boston that is bringing an award-winning digital education platform to their schools. So what exactly is Boom Writer?
We've put together this resource guide to help students and adults get the help they require to choose a good language immersion program.
We examine the oldest school district west of the Mississippi River – the Hawaii Department of Education.