Tinker K-8 School
Tinker K-8 School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Tinker K-8 School's student population of 723 students has grown by 33% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||723 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tinker K-8 School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#655 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Chiaramonte Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 382 students
6001 S Himes Ave
Tampa, FL 33611
(813) 272-3066 2.9 PK-5 382
- Tampa Robinson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,637 student
6311 S Lois Ave
Tampa, FL 33616
(813) 272-3006 2.9 9-12 1,637
- Tampa Ballast Point Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 467 students
2802 W Ballast Point Blvd
Tampa, FL 33611
(813) 272-3070 3.0 PK-5 467
I am in the 7th grade and I have gone to this school from K-3rd grade.....it is a very good school and very well maintained.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lena.
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.