Tioga Junior High School
- Tioga Junior High School's student population of 525 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||525 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tioga Junior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#694 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rapides Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ball Tioga Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 562 students
4310 Pardue Road
Ball, LA 71405
(318)640-9494 0.9 PK-6 562
- Pineville Pinecrest Supports & Services Center Grades: K-12 | 65 students
5191 Pinecrest Dr. Opc/dental
Pineville, LA 71361
(318)487-5694 1.9 K-12 65
- Ball Ball Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 373 students
89 Camp Livingston Road
Ball, LA 71405
(318)640-5394 2.4 PK-6 373
I myself went to tioga jr high, I have always wanted my child to attended Tioga and we had such a wonderful experience that is until he went to the jr high. I've had nothing but a hard time getting the teachers too help me , help my child!! They are only there for a check and nothing more. From the first bell to the last bell of the day, my child gets 504 and yet they do not allow extra time for the testing, the science / social studies teacher whom I have called upon many times for help does not help but puts blame upon others, I will not be sending my child back next year and will be going to the RPSB with my concerns
- Posted by Parent - Misty
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.