Truman Elementary School
- Truman Elementary School's student population of 413 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||413 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
- Truman Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lafayette Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lafayette Alice N. Boucher Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 738 students
400 Patterson Street
Lafayette, LA 70501
(337)521-7610 0.7 PK-5 738
- Lafayette Willow Charter Academy Grades: K-7 | 475 students
1818 Northeast Evangeline Thro
Lafayette, LA 70501
(337)534-8218 1.4 K-7 475
- Lafayette Acadiana Renaissance Charter Academy Grades: K-8 | 887 students
205 Vienne Lane
Lafayette, LA 70507
(337)374-1209 1.5 K-8 887
- Scott J. Wallace James Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 923 students
1500 W. Willow St.
Scott, LA 70583
(337)521-7700 1.7 PK-5 923
- Lafayette Lafayette Middle School Grades: 4-9 | 459 students
1301 West University Avenue
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337)521-7900 1.7 4-9 459
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.