Tug Valley High School
- Tug Valley High School's student population of 381 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||381 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tug Valley High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#511 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mingo County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kermit Kermit Pre K-8 Grades: PK-8 | 313 students
1127 Us 52
Kermit, WV 25674
(304) 393-4130 5.9 PK-8 313
- Warfield Warfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 323 students
33 Warfield Elementary Loop
Warfield, KY 41267
(606) 395-5121 6.4 PK-5 323
- Williamson Williamson Pre K-8 Grades: PK-8 | 600 students
400 Parkway Drive
Williamson, WV 25661
(304) 235-2520 8.9 PK-8 600
- Belfry Belfry Area Technology Center
25369 U.s. 119 N.
Belfry, KY 41514
(606) 353-4951 9.5 n/a n/a
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.