Tynes Elementary School
- Tynes Elementary School's student population of 869 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||869 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tynes Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1164 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clay School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Middleburg Coppergate Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 489 students
3460 Copper Colts Court
Middleburg, FL 32068
(904)291-5594 2.1 PK-6 489
- Middleburg Doctors Inlet Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 732 students
2634 County Road 220
Middleburg, FL 32068
(904)213-3000 2.7 PK-6 732
- Orange Park Ridgeview High School Grades: 9-12 | 1629 students
466 Madison Ave
Orange Park, FL 32065
(904)213-5203 3.3 9-12 1629
We have been very pleased with Tynes. Teachers are good and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
- Posted by Parent - G8r4evr
My son is in 1st grade and he has been attending Tynes for two years now. We have liked all of his teachers for the most part and the principal and assistant principal are great.
- Posted by Parent - emily
- Posted by Teacher - jacob
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.