Valley High School
- Valley High School's student population of 472 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||472 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Valley High School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall School Rank||#914 out of 932 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jordan School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandy Crescent School Grades: K-5 | 579 students
11100 S 230 E
Sandy, UT 84070
(801)826-8200 0.9 K-5 579
- Draper Draper Park Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1516 students
13133 South 1300 East
Draper, UT 84020
(801)826-6900 1.1 6-8 1516
- South Jordan South Jordan School Grades: K-6 | 999 students
11205 S Black Cherry Way
South Jordan, UT 84095
(801)254-8000 1.6 K-6 999
- Sandy Altara School Grades: K-5 | 551 students
800 E 11000 S
Sandy, UT 84094
(801)826-7675 1.7 K-5 551
- South Jordan Hawthorn Academy South Jordan Grades: K-6 | 683 students
11400 South 1400 West
South Jordan, UT 84095
(801)260-3040 1.7 K-6 683
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.