Vassar Elementary School
- Vassar Elementary School's student population of 518 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||518 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vassar Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,718 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1072 out of 1718 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Aurora Joint District No. 28 Of The Counties Of Adams And A School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Arrowhead Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 585 students
19100 East Bates Avenue
Aurora, CO 80013
(720)886-2800 0.6 PK-5 585
- Aurora Dalton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 514 students
17401 East Dartmouth Ave
Aurora, CO 80013
(303)693-7561 0.8 PK-5 514
Public schools have been the recent grounds of tuberculosis infections. Learn about the symptoms and how to protect your child from catching tuberculosis.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.