Horizon Middle School
Horizon Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Horizon Middle School's student population of 953 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||953 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Horizon Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1131 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cherry Creek No. 5 in the county of Arapah School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Cimarron Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 490 students
17373 East Lehigh Pl
Aurora, CO 80013
(720)886-8100 0.7 PK-5 490
- Aurora Dakota Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 563 students
3950 South Kirk Way
Aurora, CO 80013
(720)886-3000 1.3 PK-5 563
Horizon is a wonderful school. I have found the staff to be very caring. There are some absolutely amamazing teachers.
- Posted by Parent - colle
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.