Sunrise Elementary School
Sunrise Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Sunrise Elementary School's student population of 638 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||638 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sunrise Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#961 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cherry Creek No. 5 in the county of Arapah School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Dakota Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 563 students
3950 South Kirk Way
Aurora, CO 80013
(720)886-3000 0.6 PK-5 563
- Aurora Aspen Crossing Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 606 students
4655 S Himalaya Street
Aurora, CO 80015
(720)886-3700 0.9 PK-5 606
Sunrise is an excellent school with a dedicated staff doing a great job. Having 2 children go thru Sunrise from k to 5th has given us the inside view of a team that is working for your kids, every day. This is a very good school and it has been a good experience for our children.
- Posted by Parent - Ed C
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.