Vaughn Elementary School
Vaughn Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Vaughn Elementary School's student population of 27 students has declined by 44% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vaughn Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NM)|
|Overall School Rank||#465 out of 819 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vaughn Municipal s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corona Corona High School Grades: 7-12 | 39 students
531 Franklin St
Corona, NM 88318
(575)849-1911 32.7 7-12 39
- Corona Corona Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 39 students
250 Franklin St
Corona, NM 88318
(575)849-1711 32.9 PK-6 39
- Anton Chico Anton Chico Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 34 students
1089 Hwy 386
Anton Chico, NM 87711
(505)472-3171 41.7 6-8 34
- Estancia Lower Elementary School Grades: 1 | 51 students
624 8th St
Estancia, NM 87016
(505)384-2001 49.8 1 51
- Moriarty Moriarty Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 424 students
2015 School Loop
Moriarty, NM 87035
(505)832-4471 54.3 PK-5 424
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.