Vega Elementary School
Vega Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Vega Elementary School's student population of 172 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006, 2015)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vega Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#757 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vega ISD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vega Vega High School Grades: 7-12 | 203 students
200 Longhorn Dr
Vega, TX 79092
(806)267-2123 0.0 7-12 203
- Wildorado Wildorado Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
307 N Locust
Wildorado, TX 79098
(806)426-3317 12.6 PK-8 118
- Adrian Adrian School Grades: PK-12 | 138 students
301 Matador Dr
Adrian, TX 79001
(806)538-6203 14.0 PK-12 138
- Hereford Walcott Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 139 students
4275 Hwy 214
Hereford, TX 79045
(806)289-5222 19.8 PK-6 139
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.