North Country Senior UHSD #22 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by North Country Senior UHSD #22 School District serving 710 students in Newport, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is more than the state average of 12:1.
North Country Senior UHSD #22 School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||North Country Senior UHSD #22 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||710 students|
|# of Teachers||73 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||361 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||349 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||16 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||9 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||675 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||192|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||170|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||177|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||171|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- North Country Senior UHSD #22 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $22,201 is higher than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $20,915 is higher than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$18 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$22,201||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$20,915||$18,186|
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.