Vernon Elementary School
- Vernon Elementary School's student population of 355 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vernon Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#434 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lamar County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vernon Lamar Co High-intermediate Grades: 4-12 | 666 students
8990 Highway 18
Vernon, AL 35592
(205)695-7717 0.0 4-12 666
- Vernon Lamar Co School Of Technical Grades: 10-12
43880 Hwy 17 South
Vernon, AL 35592
(205)695-7129 0.8 10-12 n/a
- Millport South Lamar School Grades: PK-12 | 555 students
300 Sls Road
Millport, AL 35576
(205)662-4411 13.4 PK-12 555
- Caledonia Caledonia Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1111 students
9509 Wolfe Road
Caledonia, MS 39740
(662)356-2050 14.1 PK-5 1111
We’ll look at the recent trend to extend the school year that is sweeping school districts across the country. Does more time in the classroom mean better educated students?
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.