Verona Mills School serves 26 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Verona Mills School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 48%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the Michigan state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the Michigan state average of 36% (majority Black).
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 26 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 26:1
- Minority Enrollment: 15%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MI
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Verona Mills School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Verona Mills School's student population of 26 students has grown by 44% over five school years.
The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Verona Mills School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,925 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Verona Mills School is 0.26, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#758 out of 2925 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Verona Mills School's ranking?
Verona Mills School is ranked #758 out of 2,925 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Michigan.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
How many students attend Verona Mills School?
26 students attend Verona Mills School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
85% of Verona Mills School students are White, and 15% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Verona Mills School?
Verona Mills School has a student ration of 26:1, which is higher than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Verona Mills School offer ?
Verona Mills School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Verona Mills School part of?
Verona Mills School is part of Verona Township S/D #1f School District.
Review Verona Mills School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.