Villages Charter School
- The student population of 2984 students has grown by 19% over five years.
- The teacher population of 189 teachers has grown by 18% over five years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-12|
|Total Students||2,984 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||189 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.39 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Sumter School District's student population of 8,307 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,181 in this district is less than the state average of $11,888. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,199 is less than the state average of $12,571. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Sumter School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||8,307||10,184|
|District Total Revenue||$73 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$74 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,181||$11,888|
|District Spending / Student||$9,199||$12,571|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WildwoodWildwood Middle/ High SchoolGrades: 6-12 | 722 students
700 Huey St
Wildwood, FL 34785
- WildwoodWildwood Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 779 students
300 Huey St
Wildwood, FL 34785
- Lady LakeThe Villages Elementary Of Lady Lake SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 832 students
695 Rolling Acres Rd
Lady Lake, FL 32159
- SummerfieldLake Weir Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 1299 students
10220 Se Sunset Harbor Rd
Summerfield, FL 34491
- SummerfieldHarbour View Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 791 students
8445 Se 147th Pl
Summerfield, FL 34491
This school is rated so well, because they kick out any one they want for any reason. Kid having trouble with math? Out you go. Can't have those test scores drop. Your kid have a learning disability? Out they go too. They kicked a kindergarten child out of the school in the first month for "behavior issues." You tell me what kindergartener doesn't have trouble sitting still for the first few weeks of class.A terrible dissapointment, and administration is useless. They provide no help or support.Enroll your children at youth own risk.
- Posted by Parent - Iamja
Arrogant Bullies in my experience run this school, this School violates all state and federal law when it comes to IDEA 504 Title ll, they claim they have no resource rooms when they do but only for the Villages teachers and corp employees children. I know many families that this school has hurt, someone needs to start a class action law suit. The claim being rated one of the best schools around. But when you get to pick the laws that you want to follow and get the best kids, and get rid of below average or learning disabled children. I guess you would have to be rated better then other schools. The school district is in on it also. Very nice campus. Cult like atmosphere. High teacher turn over. They like to hold kids back, they will spend more money fighting you to keep your kid out if they don't want you there then it would just to educate your child the right way under the law. Arrogant bullies would be the best term to describe the admin at the school. 30 years behind the time . You will have 3 to 4 hours of homework. You get to teach your kids at home. No lockers so your kids will carry heavy books around all day. They will have back problems by the end of the year.if you are not a teacher or village corp employee top level your kids will get no chance at scholarships and accolades that is reserved for teacher and level one village employees kids. thry have no tablets or high tech equipment giving to the for use. But expect your to have it. Everyone running around scared to say anything the hold your job over you head to get their way. I could go on for hours about this school with not much good to say in my experience.
- Posted by Parent - Gelco