Lake Weir Middle School
- Lake Weir Middle School's student population of 1,101 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,101 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lake Weir Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2804 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Marion School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Summerfield Harbour View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 829 students
8445 Se 147th Pl
Summerfield, FL 34491
(352) 671-6110 1.9 PK-5 829
- Weirsdale Stanton-weirsdale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 559 students
16705 Se 134th Ter
Weirsdale, FL 32195
(352) 671-6150 3.5 PK-5 559
- Ocala Lake Weir High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,526 student
10351 Se Maricamp Rd
Ocala, FL 34472
(352) 671-4820 5.3 9-12 1,526
- Lady Lake The Villages Elementary Of Lady Lake School Grades: PK-5 | 838 students
695 Rolling Acres Rd
Lady Lake, FL 32159
(352) 751-0111 5.6 PK-5 838
the band program is a fun way to express your self . And mr.martin is cool and he helped me learn my insterment. bring you own lunch understand your teachers and you''ll do fine.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - nevaeh
Some of the teachers here are GOLDEN. Really recommend joining the band. School food is... terrible. You'll work through it. The school really TRIES to be there for their students, and everyone here is very understanding.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alias Alian
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.