W. B. Simpson Elementary School
- W. B. Simpson Elementary School's student population of 591 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2015)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- W. B. Simpson Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank||#21 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Caesar Rodney School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dover Dover Air Force Base Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 215 students
3100 Hawthorne Drive
Dover, DE 19901
(302)674-3284 0.2 6-8 215
- Camden Wyoming Allen Frear Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 708 students
238 Sorghum Mill Road
Camden Wyoming, DE 19934
(302)697-3279 1.7 1-5 708
- Dover John S. Charlton School Grades: PK-12 | 223 students
278 Sorghum Mill Road
Dover, DE 19901
(302)697-3103 1.7 PK-12 223
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.