Walcott Elementary School
Walcott Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Walcott Elementary School's student population of 183 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walcott Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#935 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Davenport Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Walcott Walcott Intermediate Grades: 6-8 | 397 students
545 E James St
Walcott, IA 52773
(563) 445-5200 0.0 6-8 397
- Blue Grass Blue Grass Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 298 students
226 Sycamore St
Blue Grass, IA 52726
(563) 723-6200 5.2 K-5 298
- Davenport Jackson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 339 students
Davenport, IA 52804
(563) 723-6650 7.3 K-5 339
- Davenport Buchanan Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 331 students
4515 N. Fairmount
Davenport, IA 52806
(563) 723-6250 7.4 PK-5 331
- Durant Durant Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 264 students
408 7th St
Durant, IA 52747
(563) 785-4433 7.6 PK-4 264
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.