Durant Elementary School
- Durant Elementary School's student population of 276 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||276 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Durant Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#994 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Durant Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durant Durant High School Grades: 9-12 | 209 students
408 7th St
Durant, IA 52747
(563)785-4431 0.0 9-12 209
- Wilton Wilton Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 345 students
1000 Cypress St
Wilton, IA 52778
(563)732-2629 5.1 7-12 345
- Wilton Wilton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 554 students
1210 Cypress St
Wilton, IA 52778
(563)732-2880 5.3 PK-6 554
- Walcott Walcott Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 167 students
545 E James St
Walcott, IA 52773
(563)445-5200 7.6 K-5 167
- Blue Grass Blue Grass Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 304 students
226 Sycamore St
Blue Grass, IA 52726
(563)723-6200 9.9 K-6 304
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.