Walkerwinter Elementary School
- Walkerwinter Elementary School's student population of 355 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walkerwinter Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1179 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne-Westland Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westland Adlai Stevenson Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 844 students
38501 Palmer Rd
Westland, MI 48186
(734) 419-2350 1.3 7-8 844
- Westland Albert Schweitzer Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 363 students
2601 Treadwell St
Westland, MI 48186
(734) 419-2750 1.7 K-4 363
- Canton Field Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 433 students
1000 South Haggerty Rd
Canton, MI 48188
(734) 397-6330 1.7 K-5 433
- Wayne Rooseveltmcgrath Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 318 students
36075 Currier St
Wayne, MI 48184
(734) 419-2720 2.1 PK-6 318
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?