Waller Elementary School
- Waller Elementary School's student population of 485 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||485 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Waller Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#945 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bossier Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bossier City Rusheon Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 530 students
2401 Old Minden Road
Bossier City, LA 71112
(318) 549-6610 0.8 6-8 530
- Bossier City Central Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 391 students
900 Central Park Boulevard
Bossier City, LA 71112
(318) 549-6400 0.9 PK-5 391
- Shreveport Caddo Parish Magnet High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,054 student
1601 Viking Drive
Shreveport, LA 71101
(318) 221-2501 1.4 9-12 1,054
- Shreveport E.b. Williams Stoner Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 257 students
2127 C. E. Galloway Boulevard
Shreveport, LA 71104
(318) 222-5317 1.7 PK-5 257
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.