Walnut Grove School
Walnut Grove School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Walnut Grove School's student population of 245 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walnut Grove School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#405 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Madison County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Market Moores Mill Intermediate School Grades: 4-6 | 748 students
1210 Walker Lane
New Market, AL 35761
(256)851-4700 3.1 4-6 748
- Meridianville Lynn Fanning Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 559 students
8861 Moores Mill Rd
Meridianville, AL 35759
(256)851-4680 3.9 PK-3 559
- Hazel Green Hazel Green Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 743 students
14250 Highway 231431 N
Hazel Green, AL 35750
(256)851-4540 4.1 PK-4 743
- New Market New Market School Grades: PK-6 | 396 students
155 College St
New Market, AL 35761
(256)851-3250 4.8 PK-6 396
It is a great school with amazing teachers and I think everone should go there.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lexi gross
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.