Warwood School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Warwood School's student population of 577 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||577 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Warwood School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||OHIO COUNTY SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Martins Ferry Martins Ferry Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 429 students
5000 Ayers Limestone Rd
Martins Ferry, OH 43935
(740)633-9741 1.4 5-8 429
- Martins Ferry Anna Marie Ayers Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 586 students
5002 Ayers Lime Stone Rd
Martins Ferry, OH 43935
(740)633-1732 1.5 PK-4 586
- Wheeling Woodsdale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 479 students
1 Bethany Pike
Wheeling, WV 26003
(304)243-0378 2.7 PK-5 479
- Tiltonsville Buckeye South Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 360 students
100 Walden Ave
Tiltonsville, OH 43963
(740)859-2800 2.9 PK-6 360
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.