Skykomish School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Skykomish School District serving 43 students in Skykomish, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 44%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Skykomish School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||43|
|# of Teachers||8|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5|
|# of Male Students||23|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||20|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||37|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||1|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||1|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||2|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Skykomish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of PS% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $64,472 is higher than the state average of $14,325. The school district revenue/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $72,583 is higher than the state average of $12,581. The school district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$64,472||$14,325|
|Spending / Student||$72,583||$12,581|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.