Waukesha East Alternative School
Waukesha East Alternative School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Waukesha East Alternative School's student population of 69 students has declined by 43% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has grown by 37% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school / Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Waukesha East Alternative School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,015 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Waukesha School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waukesha Eachieve Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 81 students
222 Maple Ave
Waukesha, WI 53186
(262)970-1069 0.3 K-5 81
- Waukesha Les Paul Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 679 students
400 N Grand Ave
Waukesha, WI 53186
(262)970-3105 0.5 6-8 679
- Waukesha Blair Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 352 students
301 Hyde Park Ave
Waukesha, WI 53188
(262)970-1405 0.9 PK-5 352
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.