Waverly Elementary School
- Waverly Elementary School's student population of 85 students has declined by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Waverly Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#699 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lebo-Waverly School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waverly Waverly High School Grades: 6-12 | 103 students
Waverly, KS 66871
(785)733-2561 0.3 6-12 103
- Melvern Marais Des Cygnes Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 66 students
508 Ne Main
Melvern, KS 66510
(785)549-3313 8.1 9-12 66
- Quenemo Marais Des Cygnes Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 107 students
213 N 8th
Quenemo, KS 66528
(785)759-3512 13.4 PK-5 107
- Lebo Lebo Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 112 students
4th & Ogden
Lebo, KS 66856
(620)256-6161 13.9 PK-5 112
I like that it is a small school and there is a lot of one on one teaching...a lot of the teachers were there when my husband went through the school. The only concern is wood shop, vo-ag and trade training was taken out of the district and I think we still need to teach a trade to our children to fall back on. Not all students are computer or business oriented.
- Posted by Parent - djhug
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.