Waverly High School
Waverly High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Waverly High School's student population of 94 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Waverly High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1204 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lebo-Waverly School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melvern Marais Des Cygnes Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 60 students
508 Ne Main
Melvern, KS 66510
(785) 549-3313 8.4 9-12 60
- Melvern Marais Des Cygnes Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 51 students
508 N E Main
Melvern, KS 66510
(785) 549-3313 8.4 6-8 51
- Quenemo Marais Des Cygnes Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 107 students
213 N 8th
Quenemo, KS 66528
(785) 759-3512 13.6 PK-5 107
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.